PS 700J - 13/16" x 13/32", 19 Gage Channel
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
|Beam Loading - PS 700J|
Max Allow. Uniform Load
Deflection at Uniform Load
|Uniform Loading at Deflection||Lateral Bracing Reduction Factor|
|Column Loading - PS 700J|
Load at Slot Face
|Max Column Load Applied at C.G.|
|K=0.65 (lbs)||K=0.80 (lbs)||K=1.0 (lbs)||K=1.2 (lbs)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - PS 700J|
|Area of Section||0.074 in2 (0.5 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.002 in4 (0.1 cm4)||0.007 in4 (0.3 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.007 in3 (0.1 cm3)||0.017 in3 (0.3 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.150 in (0.4 cm)||0.307 in (0.8 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' ± 1/2" (13 mm)
- 16 feet: 16' ± 1/2" (13 mm)
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to Power-Strut brand channel.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide.
- For bearing loads, reference our bearing loads page.
- Welded channels are spot welded 2" (51 mm) or 3" (76 mm) on-center.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Power-Strut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.
- Cancellation & Modification Policy
- Cold-Forming Strength Increase
- CSI MasterSpec (05430)
- LEED Version 4
- Let's Talk Strut Installation
- Materials & Finishes
- Outdoor Applications
- Return Policy
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Galvanized Products: EG, HG, ZD
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Metal Framing, Channel Galvanized Products: PG
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Metal Framing, Channel Non-Galvanized Products: GR